Have you checked your First Aid Kit lately?
Not many people realize it is an OSHA requirement to have a certain number of first aid items available in their first aid kits. Most kits have the required amount of items, but it's always good to have a refresher list to remind you what you need. Here's a list of OSHA required items for your kit:
- Gauze pads (at least 4 x 4 inches).
- Two large gauze pads (at least 8 x 10 inches).
- Box adhesive bandages (band-aids).
- One package gauze roller bandage at least 2 inches wide.
- Two triangular bandages.
- Wound cleaning agent such as sealed moistened towelettes.
- At least one blanket.
- Adhesive tape.
- Latex gloves.
- Resuscitation equipment such as resuscitation bag, airway, or pocket mask.
- Two elastic wraps.
- Directions for requesting emergency assistance.