As Plant Manager, the employee will be a member of the Dot It leadership team and leads the teams of distribution, purchasing, inventory control and production in a rapidly growing and profitable business.
Primary Scope of job includes manufacturing and distribution center, 7-10 direct reports, and approximately 60 indirect reports. Collaborate with sister business / parent company NCCO Foodservice Solutions in St. Paul, MN.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Wide Format
- Inventory/Warehouse Management
- Quoting New Products/Business
- Product Development
- Contract Oversight and Management
- Supply Chain
- Asset/Technology Management
- Capital Expansion
- Startup and Commissioning
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exemplify the organizational values, policies, and standards.
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans (Quarterly, Annual, 3 Year, etc.).
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals.
- Direct the operations of Purchasing, Production, Warehouse, Fulfillment/Distribution, and other operations areas to ensure safety, quality, production efficiency, service, inventory management, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration driving strategic metrics and goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity.
- Identify, manage, and track operational metrics, and scorecards from floor level to executive level.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and evaluate the performance of the Operations Team working with HR to establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Monitor, manage, and forecast budgets and financials for each department/area under Operations.
- Ensure our fill-ratios and On Time In Full (OTIF) metrics exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Manage the Operations capacity model with consideration for labor, assets, and materials relative to sales and growth projections with consideration for budget and capital planning.
- Champion improvement and investment projects with appropriate Return on Investment (ROI) data.
- Reduce cost of goods manufactured.
- Lead Root Cause Investigation (RCI/RCA) and Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) activities.
- Lead Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and cycle and grow the CI culture and mindset.
- Standardize work processes (quoting, pricing, scheduling, purchasing).
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Lead and manage regulatory, compliance, and audit activities such as AIB, SYSCO, etc.
- Oversee building and facilities management including City, Fire, and additional compliance.
- Ensure that Operations employs appropriate and effective management of change processes with emphasis for product related and customer facing changes.
- Support and participate in Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) methodology and lead Operations Team L10 meetings.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Communicate, collaborate, and network with Enterprise/Corporate Operations leadership and teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year college degree and 10 years of experience in the field.
Preferred experiences include people management, manufacturing/engineering background, supply chain/distribution experience, Continuous Improvement/LEAN/Six Sigma experience, purchasing, experience, operations experience, and maintenance experience.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Ability to develop financial plans/budgets, manage resources, and to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Superior knowledge of the manufacturing and distribution industry with experience in operational functions and principles, including production, purchasing, distribution, production, and workforce management.
- Experience in developing and implementing metrics to drive operational efficiency and success.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures, roles, procedures, and processes that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and facilitate meetings.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of employees within the organization.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of employees within the organization. Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, operations management, or related field
- Flexographic or related printing knowledge or experience
- Distribution experience
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., ERP, CRM)
- Operational experience
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Financial/budget expertise
- Ability to promote a positive values-oriented work atmosphere
- Innovative and strategic mindset
- Outstanding relationship-building skills coupled with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional etiquette
- Strong networking and presentation skills
- Proactive, organized, accurate, and eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Professional, flexible and positive team player that is self-directed and self-motivated
- Ability to effectively perform role using decision-making skills and other resources
- Ability to manage conflict resolution in a professional manner
Dot It Restaurant Fulfillment LLC is an equal opportunity employer. www.dotit.com
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline reflecting the principle activities.