Dot It Develops an Inventory Management Program for a Bakery and Café Chain (Case Study)Print
Dot It creates fulfillment solution for a chain bakery and café that addresses their inventory management and account support issues.
The client is a bakery and café franchise in the United States and Canada. The franchise began over 20 years ago in Texas. A master franchisor is in charge of developing bakery and café franchises across the United States as the USA market's challenge to the longtime industry leader. The menu consists of items such as cookies, cookie cakes, brownies, ice cream, milk shakes, smoothies, and a full line of hot and frozen coffee beverages. The chain locations are commonly found in shopping malls or shopping centers.
The bakery and café ordered their supplies and branded print from four different manufacturers. Because of this, corporate purchased and stocked numerous products in a rented office suite from which personnel picked, packed, and shipped product to fulfill franchisee orders. Managing inventory from a rented office space quickly became inefficient as the brand continued to expand and add additional franchise locations. They also experienced difficulty providing store-level fulfillment support to their franchisees.
- Enable corporate to stop managing inventory out of a closet
- Consolidate their four different manufacturers and increase operational efficiency
- Provide a single-source eCommerce solution for supplies and printProvide store-level support to franchisees for account setup and fulfillment queries
Dot It created a custom fulfillment program for the bakery and café chain that included:
- Branded web portal that houses all their custom products (apparel, marketing materials, packaging, labels, etc.)
- Comprehensive fulfillment solution—sourcing, printing, kitting, warehousing, and distribution—to all their franchise locations
- Inventory consolidation from their four manufacturers
- Dedicated account support to their stores and corporate contacts via email, phone, and live chat
Due to vendor consolidation, the bakery and café chain was able to take all the custom products produced from four manufacturers and centralize them into one facility at Dot It. This lead to lower annual costs and increases in operational efficiencies across their brand.
For more information about inventory management, email email@example.com, or call 800-642-3687.
See how other restaurants found solutions with Dot It.
- Freebirds Swag Management & Fulfillment (Case Study)
- Abby's Legendary Pizza Custom SecureIt™ Tamper-Evident Label (Case Study)
- Dot It Facilitates Freebirds Holiday POP Kit (Case Study)