NRA 2017 Passport Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE AMOUNT OF TOTAL ENTRIES. THIS COMPETITION IS SPONSORED BY NATIONAL CHECKING COMPANY (NCCO), 899 MONTREAL CIRCLE, ST. PAUL, MN 55102. CONTEST BEGINS AT 9:30 A.M. CENTRAL TIME (“CT”) ON MAY 20, 2017 AND ENDS AT 3:00 P.M. CT ON May 23, 2017 (“CONTEST PERIOD”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Competition open to individuals who are attending the 2017 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel and Motel Show who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, who have valid U.S. Taxpayer ID Numbers, and who are 18 years of age or older as of May 20, 2017. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of NCCO, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotion agencies, immediate family members thereof (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and those living in the same domicile therewith are not eligible. NCCO reserves the right to make all decisions on entrants’ eligibility, in its sole discretion.
3. TO ENTER: Contest entry forms will be available at the show on May 20 – 23, 2017 and must be completed in full to be eligible. Only one entry per person will be accepted. In the event of multiple entries per person only one will be included in the drawing.
4. ODDS: Your odds of winning depend on the total number of entires.
5. PRIZE(S): One (1) Grand Prize: $990. The total cash prizes for all winners will not exceed $1620 (US). Prizes are not transferable and prize substitutions will not be allowed, except at the sole discretion of NCCO, which reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of approximately equal or greater value. Prizes will be awarded only to eligible winners at physical addresses within the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes, costs, or other expenses associated with this competition and with any prizes. Prizes may be subject to withholding of taxes.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winners will be notified by email, by mail, and/or by telephone, and may be required to complete, sign, and return: an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release; where permitted, a Publicity Release; and an IRS Form W-9. NCCO reserves the right, where permitted, to publish the names, photographs, and likenesses of all winners, and winners agree, if requested, to provide NCCO with photographs of themselves, to provide an interview for NCCO, marketing efforts for this contest. If any prize correspondence (including email) is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to complete, sign, and return the foregoing documents within 14 days from their issuance, that winner’s prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner chosen via a random drawing will be chosen and notified.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All entry forms become the sole property of NCCO and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entry forms are subject to verification. NCCO assumes no responsibility for entry forms or data that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, eligible, undelivered, garbled, damaged, mutilated, incomplete, forged, falsified, altered, or tampered with (and any such entries may be ineligible), or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the individual who identifies himself or herself on the entry form. NCCO assumes no responsibility or liability for the receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason this contest cannot be run or completed as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct the contest, NCCO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who is responsible or who tampers with the contest, and to modify, cancel, or terminate the contest, and, if practicable, winners from among all eligible entrants at the time. This contest is being held in the State of Illinois, is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to choice of law or conflict of law principles, and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. While the decisions of NCCO relating to this contest are final and may not be appealed or challenged, to the extent that there is any legal dispute relating to or arising out of this contest, it can be adjudicated only in the federal or state courts serving Chicago, IL. Entrants and potential entrants agree that they are subject to personal jurisdiction and venue in the federal and state courts serving Chicago, IL for all matters relating to or arising out of this contest. This contest is void wherever prohibited or materially restricted by law. Entrants and potential entrants agree to abide by these rules and the decisions of NCCO, which are final.
8. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, available after May 23, 2017 mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NCCO, NRA Show Contest, 899 Montreal Circle, St. Paul, MN 55102. Requests must be received by June 15, 2017.
9. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: This contest is sponsored and administered by NCCO, 899 Montreal Circle, St. Paul, MN 55102.