Safety Tips: GlovesPrint
Disposable gloves are widely used in every commercial kitchen and if used properly can significantly reduce the chance of transferring germs, allergens, and contaminates. However, you should train your employees to not get a false sense of security because they are wearing them. Here's a quick list you can pass on to them to help educate proper glove usage. Dot It carries several varieties of gloves at great prices. Visit our website to see your options!
- Glove usage does not replace hand washing! Hands should be washed before and after glove use.
- Do not re-use gloves. Always wear a fresh pair.
- Change gloves after contact with raw foods.
- Change gloves after taking out the garbage or cleaning.
- Change gloves if they come in contact with skin or contaminated from sneezing, coughing, etc.
- Change gloves if they tear.
- In hot kitchens, it's easy for hands to perspire under the gloves which can cause bacteria. Washing hands after using gloves is very important!